Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Twilight by Stephanie Meyer


I found this completely by accident, I was buying a Bridal Shower present for my sister and as always I found myself in the book section (I'm good at that, even though I should be nowhere near it!!) I picked up Judy Blume's Forever... I remember reading this when I was about 13 and I fell in love with it, so I decided to get it and take a trip down memory lane.
Then I noticed a cover which caught my attention... The one you see here so I turned it over to see if there was a description on the back...
***"About three things I was absolutely positive.
First, Edward was a vampire
Second, there was a part of him-and I didn't know how dominant that part might be-that thirsted for my blood.
And third, I was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with him."***
I was captivated so I decided to pick it up, and it didn't disappoint! It's definitely a little slow in the beginning, but it doesn't stay that way for long. I think this is the only book I have ever found that I had been holding my breath on, I would laugh at myself as I would reach the end of a chapter and begin to breath again, I was mesmerized and Stephanie's first person account is so descriptive that you feel you are going through the same thing's as Bella and you just can't seem to put the book down!
If you love to read, and you have a romantic notion about Vampires (As I always have, I find them captivating) you will adore this book completely. I was so glad I picked it up on a whim because it made it all the better.
Then, you realize there is a movie coming out and you hope that it does the book some justice. I know that it's hard to adapt books into movies verbatim but you hope they don't slaughter the spellbinding words that stimulate the imagination perfectly. As always I am glad I found the book before the movie came out, I hate seeing movies first if they are adapted from books (Prime example is: The Other Boleyn Girl, I saw that they were making a movie from a book and grabbed the book first!!! Awesome by the way!!), Haven't seen the movie yet but I am looking froward to it!
I can't give TWILIGHT high enough praise, as I can't find the words that describe it well enough, I just know that I would recommend this book to anyone who will listen!
Thank you Stephanie Meyer for writing a compelling love story that captures the imagination and stimulates the senses.

No comments: